Thread: Oracle add in for qtp

Answers

Oracle add in for qtp

hi,
    I was working with the oracle add in in QTP and testing my application, which is based on oracle forms 9i,i just found out that it dosent recognize many of the objects in the system under test, to be more precise it recognizes them as java types and not as oracle types, is there any way to get all the objects get recognize as oracle type, if so please let me know..................
    Thanks in advance
    Kiran

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Oracle add in for qtp

Hey
    This is a very common problem. Even I have faced this sometimes. This is nothing to do with QTP. What happens is when the session of the Oracle expires again and again and you try logging in. ..... It sometimes happens that the Oracle window is no more identified as Oracle but Java instead. Just exit your entire Oracle application, delete cookies & clear history and login again. Before you start, just spy any object to see if it is fine.
    If you face any futher problem please do revert.

Answers

I am having an issue with the oracle add-in where the object spy can see the object, but it will not record the object. I can highlight the object in the application. I have added it to the local repository, still wont record. I have manually coded the object, but in playback, the object still is not seen. I have also added a new object with the same properties as the object that cannot be recorded and manually coded. Still the object is not seen. Any ideas? Im stumped.

Quote Originally Posted by debleena23 View Post
    Hey
    This is a very common problem. Even I have faced this sometimes. This is nothing to do with QTP. What happens is when the session of the Oracle expires again and again and you try logging in. ..... It sometimes happens that the Oracle window is no more identified as Oracle but Java instead. Just exit your entire Oracle application, delete cookies & clear history and login again. Before you start, just spy any object to see if it is fine.
    If you face any futher problem please do revert.

Contributing Member
    Answers

ya it happens some times !!!
    open the applications click object repository seleect add object select the application and check the option select all objects now all objects will be mapped in object repository now u can record ,it will record all object!!!

Answers

Thx for the reply there! I am using QTP 9.2. It does not seem have an option to check for selecting all objects. The options are Define New Test Object, Add Objects to Local, Update from Application. I would think Add Objects to Local is what I would choose, but when I do, it forces me to choose one object from the Oracle application - Not all objects. Am I missing man??

Quote Originally Posted by raj1402 View Post
    ya it happens some times !!!
    open the applications click object repository seleect add object select the application and check the option select all objects now all objects will be mapped in object repository now u can record ,it will record all object!!!

Contributing Member
    Answers

ya u r rite but u should get options for select all or one or selected in qtp 9.2!!!

Answers

I tried that, but it still does not playback. Any other ideas? Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by raj1402 View Post
    ya u r rite but u should get options for select all or one or selected in qtp 9.2!!!