Thread: DOS prompt disappears after starting TOMCAT

Geek_Guest

DOS prompt disappears after starting TOMCAT

Question asked by visitor sandhya

Can anyone help me out I have loaded Tomcat 4.1 into my system and also set the calsspath as CATALINA_HOME and tried starting the tomcat server but was unable to run the tomcat and the DOS prompt was disappearing within seconds after starting the tomcat server? Thanks in advance

Answers

Re: DOS prompt disappears after starting TOMCAT

Please set the environment variable JAVA_HOME to jdk path. and try. hope you will not get this problem again.

Answers

Thumbs up Re: DOS prompt disappears after starting TOMCAT

Quote Originally Posted by Geek_Guest View Post
    Question asked by visitor sandhya

Can anyone help me out I have loaded Tomcat 4.1 into my system and also set the calsspath as CATALINA_HOME and tried starting the tomcat server but was unable to run the tomcat and the DOS prompt was disappearing within seconds after starting the tomcat server? Thanks in advance

I am also got this problem.When I set this following path in Environmental variables ,then my problem was solved.So, if u will try, urs problem definetly solved.
    My version is Tomcat 5.5,u will try for ur version.

Path=C:\Java Software\bin
    CLASSPATH=C:\Java Software\bin;C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4\tomcat 5.5;C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4\tomcat 5.5\common\lib\servlet-api.jar;C:\Servlets+JSP;..;..\..
    JAVA_HOME=C:\Java Software
    set TOMCAT_HOME=C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4\tomcat 5.5
    set CATALINA_HOME=C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4\tomcat 5.5\bin\startup.bat;C:\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.4\tomcat 5.5\bin\shutdown.bat

"Whenu set this path,u must cut&copy & paste this in a notepad, becaz if u forgot that wil help u ".

By,Raji.