Thread: How do I set up and use a shared repository in QTP

Answers

How do I set up and use a shared repository in QTP

How do I set up and use a shared repository in QTP version 9-plus? I tried menu "Associate Repositories" adding local repository for each action to a created TSR file, but I still can't access any objects outside the action they were created in. Is there something else to be done here? In QTP 8.2 it was much easier, just setting up the shared object repository at the start, no fuss, all objects added to this. Help greatly appreciated.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: How do I set up and use a shared repository in QTP

I hope this will help you...

Object repository Manger: It is a feature provided by QTP which is used for creating and maintaining the shared repository.

Navigation to create a shared repository:
    Activate the menu item ‘resources’ -> select the option ‘object repository manager’-> click on new button->add the required objects to the repository file->click on save-> browse the desired location-> specify the file name with .tsr extension -> click on save

Navigation for converting the local repository to shared resources:
    Resources-> object repository-> menu file-> export local objects-> browse the desired location specify the desired file name with ‘.tsr’ extension -> click on save

Navigation for associating the share repository to an action:
    Resources->associate repositories->click on ‘+’ button-> browse the required repository file-> click on the file-> select the desired action from the available actions-> click on associate button

Regards,
    Narin Kamuni