Thread: Which one has a better reputation on the market

Answers

Which one has a better reputation on the market

I have a simple question here for Testdirector and QTP. which one has a better reputation on the market from your point of view? what is the big difference between the two and which one you like to use and why?

Thank you,

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Which one has a better reputation on the market

Test Director and QTP are 2 different tools used in s/w testing process for different purposes.

The big difference between them is, while QTP is a test automation tool, Test Director is a test management tool.

Both have equal reputation on the market for their respective users. While some companies manage to implement manual testing techniques instead of using QTP, others use spreadsheet packages for test management instead of using Test Director.

I would like to use both for their respective purposes.

Lack of WILL POWER has caused more failure than
    lack of INTELLIGENCE or ABILITY.

-sutnarcha-

Answers

Thank you Sutnarcha for the quick reply, I have been using Testdirector for several years,
    Testdirector is a automation tool also. As you said it is a test management tool which manage requirement, test cases and defect handling, it can do automation testing/manual testing upon your purpose

Apparently QTP has a good reputation since so many companies require QTP working experience at my job interviews. So what is the big strength that QTP has, did you experience any problems that QTP has? For instance system unstable or got locked out(the screen got freeze and I have to re-log in) when you are using QTP? Those are the problems I encountered when I was using Testdirector. I really want to use QTP in the near future.

I love this place, looking forward to chatting with you again soon.

Thanks
    Dawn

Expert Member
    Answers

Yes you are right,

QTP has good reputation in the market. That is because of its strengths. It can support the latest of technologies. The visual scripts in QTP can be written with ease.

But unfortunately as you said, we encounter such problems in QTP also. We can’t help. We have to live with such problems.

If you had been using other automation testing tools then it won’t be difficult for you to learn QTP. All testing tools have same/similar features. QTP is just another testing tool with advanced support.

Lack of WILL POWER has caused more failure than
    lack of INTELLIGENCE or ABILITY.

-sutnarcha-