Thread: Object repository not found

Geek_Guest

Object repository not found

Question asked by Visitor Sree.

I have QTP scripts which are developed in other PC and I need to run the same scrips in my PC.

When I have ran the script then it gives error as Object repository not found. I added them manaully on my PC. But still it gives error due to not matching all the object repository with properties.

Is there any easiest way of copying all the object repository properties of one PC to the my PC.

Please provide me the info how to proceed further inorder to Run the script without any errros.

Thanks.
    Sree.

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Object repository not found

This is a common problem when you try to run a test script onto a different system.

You may try the following:

* Run “Learn All” function on the application.
    * Import all the object repository files from the old system.
    * Open obj. repo. and highlight each object using “highlight” button to see if it is highlighting the right object.

If it still doesn't work then you may have to rerecord the test scripts.

Lack of WILL POWER has caused more failure than
    lack of INTELLIGENCE or ABILITY.

-sutnarcha-

Answers

while executing it will show like "object not found" and then u go for detail in that u can get the which is the problem.
    then go for the object spy show the properties and then u execute i will work

Expert Member
    Answers

I think what might have happened is.....The location of the Shared OR is changed while copying from your friend's system. So just browse and add again the OR from where you stored. I think it should work