Thread: Software testing

Answers

Software testing

Hi,
    Can anyone please let me know if it is possible to translate a manual test script into automated scripts. I am working on a project, and I am suppose to change all the manual scripts in QC to automated scripts. Any idea?

Thanks

John

Answers

Re: Software testing

ya, it is possible.

you have to use checkpoints and data driven functionality of test tool.

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji

Yes it is possible to translate a manual test script to automated scripts. The translation depends on the tool which you are going to use and the type of testing you are going to perform. Usually in a testing process, the testing will start off with the manual testing only, and then it will be graduated to automated scripts.

Answers

First you have to see the feasiblity. It is not always possible to automate 100% manual testing.
    There are ample of tools in the market, depending on your application you need to select the appropriate one.

Expert Member
    Answers

hi,

Yes it is possible to automate the scripts, but it all depends upon what application you are working and what kind of tool you are using, So please precise your question, so that more help can be offered

Thanks
    Sushma

Expert Member
    Answers

hi friend..

yes it is possible and i agree with sridharrganesan and jain

Thanks
    Deepasree

Answers

Yeah, its possible to automate the scripts, but as per my experience its depends on the system and tool you are using.

Answers

Yes, you can use a tool in this case.