Thread: How can I detect changes automatically in the SQL Server Database ?

Answers

How can I detect changes automatically in the SQL Server Database ?

Hi everyone,
    This is my first post here and I dont know whether I am posting my question on the right forum section.
    I been asked recently in the interview that
    How can I detect changes automatically in the SQL Server Database when anything is updated, deleted or inserted?
    I dont actually know the answer for this question, if anyone can help me in this that will be really great.
    Thanks in Advance

Answers

Re: How can I detect changes automatically in the SQL Server Database ?

Hi,

I´m not perfekt in this topic and I don´t know any auomatically help, which is checking database regular. But to know, if new lines are inserted is easy: count *, save result and repeat after a while :-)
    Also with deleting.

But anyway, if you save timestamp, if anything changes in database, you can make I statement with all statement from last week (e.g.)

I hope, this will help you.