Thread: Database Testing Procedure and Process

Answers

Database Testing Procedure and Process

Hi Everyone

I have an interview in Database Testing so anyone tel me how the testcase will be for database testing with some examples and Which procedure and process will followed for database testing If any one have an idea plz send your reply

friends_sankar @ yahoo.co.in

Am waitin for your reply so make it soon

Answers

Re: Database Testing Procedure and Process

see testing always depends on customer requirement so first tell me about scenario and your requirements, then only I can try for a reasonable answer.Otherwise no one here is interesting to teach you database testing.(kidding).

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji

Thumbs up Re: Database Testing Procedure and Process

Hi Everyone

I have an interview in Database Testing so anyone tel me how the testcase will be for database testing with some examples and Which procedure and process will followed for database testing If any one have an idea plz send your reply

Database Testing is the means of Validating the records stored in the Database against the requirements. The records in the Database will be validated against the Reports generated (for eg., reports can be generated through any tools like through Business Objects) and the flat files generated.

For example, you are creating or updating or deleting data in the front end of the application either through manually or by uploading data from the electronic files, then the data will be saved in the database. You can generate reports and flat files for the data manipulated in the front end. In this case the database testing is carried out by validating the report and the flat files against the Database. Also database testing can be done for validating the field types, field length, for null or not null etc.,

Hope this make you clear!!!