Thread: Preparing for a Career

Administrator
    Answers

Preparing for a Career

Many people that are entering college or universities have a specific career goal in mind. Unfortunately there are many people that do not. If you would like to jump start your career, you first have to prepare. Here are some tips on preparing for a career.

While many people that choose their subject of study think they are choosing a career, individuals usually find out once they are in the actual job whether it is a career that they are looking for.

Just studying a subject doesn’t mean that you will enjoy the career. It is important to research what an actual job in a specific career is like.

One of the best ways to prepare for a career is to do an internship at a company. Many corporations as well as small companies offer internships to students in a specific field of study. This is an excellent way to see first hand what is entailed in a job.

Another great way to prepare for your career is through an industries professional agency. You can find many professional agencies that will be glad to help you decide if a career in their field is right for you.

Through professional agencies, you are able to talk to many people practicing as well as network with many individuals to create relationships that might help in the future.

Lastly, preparing for a career can also include mentoring programs. A mentor is a person, whose goal is to help you navigate a specific career. They can offer you advice on setting career goals, finding a good company to work at or offering advice on avoiding pitfalls or other types of issues. If you would like to succeed, follow the above tips for preparing for a career.

Answers

Re: Preparing for a Career

Dear sir,
    My name is Royston...i am in my final year of engineering of "Electronics n Communication"...I have maintained my Aggregate above 60% till now n i am trying hard to perform well..Sir i want to succeed in life..Can u suggest how to go about in life...I am very ambitious person..Although i find it difficult i dont give up things easily..So kindly Acknowledge my request.......

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Preparing for a Career

Royston the first interesting factor in your wordings and aim is you want to succeed in life. This is the first and basement for success. You have achieved this step. So climbing the next steps and reaching success you could achieve provided you maintain tis thought throughout with hardwork, integrity.If you follow this you are near your success point very soon.