Thread: Error in 0-7 sector of your drive

Geek_Guest

Error in 0-7 sector of your drive

Question asked by visitor yogeesh R

In my system im not able to install Linux os some error its showing (Error in 0-7 sector of ur drive) when I see the Drives one 0MB drive will be created...why it is so is it a hard disk problem?????

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Error in 0-7 sector of your drive

Yes. It looks like it. Your hard disk might have caught some bad sectors. Try re-formatting the harddisk. you might get lucky.

Other thing, do you have Windows installed already in the machine?

-Kalayama

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]"If you are not living on the edge of your life, you are wasting space"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Someone says "Impossible is nothing". The man next him says "Let me see you licking your elbow tip!"

Answers

ya i have installed windows,

few 2-3 months before linux was installed,but my bad luck once it got currupted,after that i am not able to install it again....

Expert Member
    Answers

Since your windows installation is fine, the entire hard might not have any problems. Try formatting the free space to FAT32 once and btry accessing the hard disk through windows, if you can access it , then it mean the hard disk is fine. Then reformat it to EXT2/EXT3 and try installing Linux.

A word of advice mate, if you are trying to install Linex. I suggest Ubuntu. That's the best one can get. (The only drawback is you need net connection to install most of the add-on softwares). But the OS is wonderful. Instead of Red Hat, you might want to try Fedore Core6....

Cheers!
    Kalayama

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]"If you are not living on the edge of your life, you are wasting space"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Someone says "Impossible is nothing". The man next him says "Let me see you licking your elbow tip!"

Contributing Member
    Answers

I think the newly developed bad sectors corrupted your Linux installation. The sector range 0 - 7 is important to hard disk as MBR & FAT are stored at these locations. So, if your HD is under warranty get it replaced, else try disk repairing tools to repair and skip bad sectors while creating partitions..