Thread: Career change Advice

Answers

Career change Advice

Hello Friends,

This is Devashish (Age: 27). Done 'Diploma (Electronics & Telecomm). I've just completed my studies of Oracle-PL/SQL. I'm overall 4 years experienced, but in 'Technical BPO' field. As of now, I do not have any industrial experience of PL/SQL. But desperately want to excel in this field. That's why I turned to you all.

I'm very much confused and a bit scared about this. Will I be given a chance to appear for an interview at any software company.

Therefore, I humbly request all my seniors (in Oracle PL/SQL) to please guide me, how to start my new career in PL/SQL, how do I select a PL/SQL project to impress any s/w firm, How do I start looking for jobs as fresher in PL/SQL, will my age (27 yrs) affect my future in S/W companies at interview??

Dear all, I will be highly greatful for few guiding words from your side, which could help me to start a new career.

Thanking you in advance,

Devashish.

Answers

Re: Career change Advice

Some days back Mbt recruit BPO experience people for it software development .It will treat you as fresher ...provide u training and then absorve you ....you may find similar requirement from different company.
    h

Quote Originally Posted by Dev_Kudle View Post
    Hello Friends,

This is Devashish (Age: 27). Done 'Diploma (Electronics & Telecomm). I've just completed my studies of Oracle-PL/SQL. I'm overall 4 years experienced, but in 'Technical BPO' field. As of now, I do not have any industrial experience of PL/SQL. But desperately want to excel in this field. That's why I turned to you all.

I'm very much confused and a bit scared about this. Will I be given a chance to appear for an interview at any software company.

Therefore, I humbly request all my seniors (in Oracle PL/SQL) to please guide me, how to start my new career in PL/SQL, how do I select a PL/SQL project to impress any s/w firm, How do I start looking for jobs as fresher in PL/SQL, will my age (27 yrs) affect my future in S/W companies at interview??

Dear all, I will be highly greatful for few guiding words from your side, which could help me to start a new career.

Thanking you in advance,

Devashish.

Answers

Smile Re: Career change Advice

Dear "Sudipta82",

Thank you so much for your reply.
    Your few positive words has enlightened my hope.

Thnak you very much.

Devashish.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Career change Advice

Devashish,

Are you trying for DBA job or development ...?

if you are looking for development career , please practice either java or dotnet since you need have frontend skills along with your pl/sql skills...

if you are looking for DBA position, you need to spend more time with practice and this track may not be easy to get job..

Reply back with waht you are really trying to be ...

Good luck.
    Jim

Answers

Smile Re: Career change Advice

Quote Originally Posted by Jim.Anderson View Post
    Devashish,

Are you trying for DBA job or development ...?

if you are looking for development career , please practice either java or dotnet since you need have frontend skills along with your pl/sql skills...

if you are looking for DBA position, you need to spend more time with practice and this track may not be easy to get job..

Reply back with waht you are really trying to be ...

Good luck.
    Jim
    Hello Jim,

Thank you very much for your reply.

I'm looking for 'Oracle PL/SQL Development' career.

As you have suggested that, I'll have to have skills in 'Java or .Net' for 'Front End', I would like to say, I have only basic knowledge of 'C Programming Langauge'.

Jim, will it be possible for me to learn 'Jave/.Net' with this platform?
    If Yes, how to 'start' and from where to 'start'?
    If you could guide me with few word, I'll be highly thankful to you.

One more thing, I'm eager to ask, will my 'Age (27 yrs)' created any issues, while attending interviews?? Will companies treat me as low profile candidate as compared to others?

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Devashish.