Thread: DId you know? - Ubuntu Linux Info

Expert Member
    Answers

DId you know? - Ubuntu Linux Info

New age Linux operating systems are far more advanced. There were times when Red Hat(That was the most advanced Linux OS then) was not recongnizing windows partitions(Niether FAT32 or NTFS). But now, things have changed now.

Latest version of Linux can actually read the NTFS and FAT32 partitions. Ubuntu can conveniently write files to/read files from windows partitions. Pity, windows can't do this You do get sharewares that will enable windows to read from EXT2 , EXT3 partitions, but they make your system far too slow.

Hence if you are planning to have dual boot in your system, you are better off writing all your linux works to a FAT32 or NTFS (Windows recognizes these partitions), so that Windows can read your files too. Linux has no problems reading windows files anyway

After installing Ubuntu in my system, I am pretty much certain I will not Purchase windows Vista no matter what. Ubuntu doesn't hang, doesn't give any run time hitches, absolutely no visus thread. It have better development tools, better user interface, ALL the softwares available for windows (Or atleast equivalant version) and more! Which is more, it is free!!!

Now, why would you want to go for Windows?
    (I still have windows as I need to play my fav games, that I can't play in Ubuntu. Like Diablo - Lord Of Destruction - I know it is a vintage game, but it is The Revolutionary game, and NFS Carbon)

Try Ubuntu it is free. Want more? They'll send 10 (not 1 but 10) CDs free of cost through courier to your doorstep free of cost! (Ofcourse you'll have to waite for 2 months for the CDs to arrive)

To learn more, go to official Ubuntu Site
    ubuntu . com/

Cheers!
    Kalayama

Last edited by admin; 06-19-2012 at 06:47 AM.
    [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]"If you are not living on the edge of your life, you are wasting space"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Someone says "Impossible is nothing". The man next him says "Let me see you licking your elbow tip!"

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: DId you know? - Ubuntu Linux Info

is there any Unix version that we can run on USB drive or CD Drive .. ?

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: DId you know? - Ubuntu Linux Info

There are lots. Ubuntu by default boots from CD - You may Install it if you to, Ubuntu can also be booted from USB. Then there is the legendary KNOPPIX. Live version of Fedora is also available. (Not sure about Solaris though).

So, you have a lot of options

Cheers!
    Kalayama

[COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="2"]"If you are not living on the edge of your life, you are wasting space"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Someone says "Impossible is nothing". The man next him says "Let me see you licking your elbow tip!"