Thread: In one table...

Answers

In one table...

What is the maximum column that we could use? And also what is the maximum foreign key in just one table?

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: In one table...

what is the database you are using.... since it changes by database.

Answers

I'm sorry about that! I'm referring to Oracle.

Expert Member
    Answers

I think it was 1000 in Oracle 8i.... it depends on Oracle Version , I have never come close to the limit of columns in a table, so I don't pay much attention to the actual limit in each version. I had 325 columns in one table when I was working on Datamart related project...

let me know if you find exact specs and limits from any oracle manuals... I am bit lazy to search

Expert Member
    Answers

You are absolutely right Suji. Oracle8i and later versions allow the user to create table with maximum of 1000 columns. Check out the following url to know other logical database limits (in oracle8i).

http://www.cs.umbc.edu/help/oracle8/...0/ch4.htm#4691

Allan,
    Answer to your second question is...The maximum number of foreign keys can be defined on a table is unlimited.

Thanks,
    james.