Thread: Choosing the best format for your resume

Contributing Member
    Answers

Choosing the best format for your resume

Writing a resume can be stressful enough, but when you do a little bit of research you can get even more stressed when you realize that there are several different resume styles that may or may not apply to you. Yikes! luckily, all of these different resume types can be broken down into three main categories, which will help you determine which format is the best for you. The three main resume formats are the chronological resume, the functional resume, and the hybrid resume, which is a combination of the chronological and the functional resume. No one of these formats is better than the other as they all have their own pros and cons and which one is right for you really depends on what sort of job you are looking for and who will actually be looking at it.

Last edited by admin; 06-17-2012 at 12:04 AM.

Answers

Re: Choosing the best format for your resume

Hello to everyone and i am looking for a job in testing and i need a resume for 3 years of exp help me please

Contributing Member
    Answers

Hi You cannot get a ready made resume. Try to frame your resume and for suggestions or queries you could get guidance from professional experts in this area in this website. Get the guidance by posting it in the relative column in this website.

Answers

i m in 1+ yr exp in J2EE tech.please send me resume formate

Answers

hello to our community

Answers

Hi guys! this is the thing that i came across......... Hope it would be useful for u too... Resume template contact information the first section of your resume should include information on how the employer can contact you. First last name street address city, state, zip phone (cell/home) email address objective (optional) what do you want to do? if you include this section it should be a sentence or two about your employment goals. A customized objective that describes why you are the perfect candidate for the job can help your resume stand out from the competition. Career highlights / qualifications (optional) a customized section of your resume that lists key achievements, skills, traits, and experience relevant to the position for which you are applying can serve dual purposes. It highlights your relevant experience and lets the prospective employer know that you have taken the time to create a resume that shows how you are qualified for the job. Experience this section of your resume includes your work history. List the companies you worked for, dates of employment, the positions you held and a bulleted list of responsibilities and achievements. Company #1 city, state dates worked job title responsibilities / achievements education in the education section of your resume, list the colleges you attended, the degrees you attained, and any special awards and honors you earned. College, degree awards, honors skills include skills related to the position / career field that you are applying for i.e. Computer skills, language skills. References available upon request all the very best guys.............

Answers

Thumbs up Re: Choosing the best format for your resume

The previous post had much useful information but it is easier to just use an online creator then tweak it to personalize it.
    I made my resume at resumizer
    I was happy with the result.