Thread: Interactive Voice Response

Contributing Member
    Answers

Interactive Voice Response

Hello,

Could some one explaain me about Interactive Voice Response Systems.. I know they are used for Call Centers but trying to understand more...

Thanks,

Administrator
    Answers

IVR Systems

Hello Beena,

More and more companies now days are turning to automated interactive voice response (IVR) systems to help customers and others with an interest in the company to find the information and support they need by communicating with a computer.

This new technology guides a user through a series of menu options until he or she finds what they were looking for. There are two types of automated interactive voice response systems, the DTMF, or dual tone multi frequency technology enabled system, as well as the voice recognition system.

IVR systems utilizing dual tone multi frequency allow one to navigate through the various categories of topics by pressing a key on their telephone. For example, pressing one may lead the user to information on the history of the company, while pressing two may lead the user to information on the product that is being sold.

The voice recognition interactive voice response system is just what the title entails. It allows one to navigate through the various categories of topics through voice recognition. For example to get information on the history of the company, instead of pressing a key on the phone, one can simply say “history”.

It will work the same way for all other categories and subcategories. The topics that one can get information on using IVR systems will be stored in a database on a computer.

These systems have been utilized in companies both large and small with new start-ups as well as Fortune 500 companies utilizing this new technology. It is efficient, economical, and convenient. It reduces costs and provides information and support at any time of the day or night.

There are many companies that specialize in providing companies with IVR systems and will create and implement your IVR system using databases on your computer so you do not have to worry about the technical aspect of utilizing automated interactive voice response systems.

I know it's not brief explanation but gives you an idea what it is..

Thanks,

Answers

Re: Interactive Voice Response

The comment is very helpful. Can you tell me how to start develop voice xml applications and test the applications. I am working on a project using voice XML. Is there any specific tools or development environments towards this

Last edited by abhigs; 09-22-2007 at 01:25 AM.