Thread: controller qauntity after creating paramerization

Answers

controller qauntity after creating paramerization

I am new in Load runner. I am using loadrunner 8.0. I created script for 10 concurrent user by doing paramerization.eg: test00, test11, ..test09. I give Iteration 10
    I replay the script in Vgen. It show the iteration passed for 10 times and I could see that in the photshot.

Now my question is Do I need to run this script in Controller with quantity 10 or the quantity 1.

I run the scenario with one quantity vuser and the script is working fine.
    But I give 10 quantity , now the script is showing error.

Please help me. this is urgent.

Jinu

Answers

Re: controller qauntity after creating paramerization

Hey jinu,
    I'm still new but as of my understanding ...
    the number of iterations means the number of times the script will run
    On the controller u have to specify the number of users if you want it to emulate a load.
    So now what you have done is one user running the script 10 times.
    If i am wrong here do correct me.

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jinuvarghese1 View Post
    I am new in Load runner. I am using loadrunner 8.0. I created script for 10 concurrent user by doing paramerization.eg: test00, test11, ..test09. I give Iteration 10
    I replay the script in Vgen. It show the iteration passed for 10 times and I could see that in the photshot.

Now my question is Do I need to run this script in Controller with quantity 10 or the quantity 1.

I run the scenario with one quantity vuser and the script is working fine.
    But I give 10 quantity , now the script is showing error.

Please help me. this is urgent.

Jinu
    What is the error you are seeing?

There are two possiblities from what I've gathered from your post:

1. There are insufficient records in the parameter list as you have iterated 10 times per script with 10 users. Which means you need 100 records in the parameter list (10 scripts X 10 iterations).

2. The server is dying due to execssive load of 10 users?

Hope that helps.

-papayamilkshake

Answers

If you are parameterizing only the user. Try recording him in a separate action, say action1, and the trasaction that you are doing into seperate action,say action2.now parameterize the value of user in action1 and iterate action2 10 times. Read the lr document for "how to record multiple actions" (if you already dont know) this should solve your problem. Cheers! -akshay