Thread: Loadrunner and .Net Testing

Answers

Loadrunner and .Net Testing

Good morning,

I am user Loadrunner (Mercury User Generator) 8.14 on windows to generate a script for a .net web app.

I have setup the web script, chose browser, put in my https url and directory. I then chose action from the record into action dropdown.

I start recording, it opens the browser (IE or firefox) and I start to work through my scenario. When I am finished I click stop, and then go to view my script. There are no actions recorded at all. Nothing is being recorded in the vuser_init, Action or vuser_end sections.

I cannot see where I logged into the web app, or view any of the steps I took while I was in the app.

I am not sure if there is an incorrect config setting that is causing the problem or if I have left something out. I have not seen this issue before.

Does anyone have any expereince testing .net apps, or have any idea why it is not recording?

Thank you,
    Jack

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Loadrunner and .Net Testing

Are you able to record any other application if yes try port mapping. If you are using any client side certificate you can import it if required.

Answers

Check the protocol you selected fro recording. TRy using all the different WEB based protocols available with you and see which one records your actions. Further if you have selected a wrong protocol the number of actions recorded will remain 0, so as soon as you login see whether that was caputred if not the protocol selected in wrong.

Cheers!
    Akshay

Answers

What is the .NET version used for development of your application?

You need to find out this first. .NET V2.0 is partially supported. There are many underlying protocols came under .NET versions which are not supported by LoadRunner 8.1

LR91 supports .NET 2.0 completly and .NET 3.0 partially. Most of the protocols under .NET like WCF, WPF are not supported by LoadRunner.

-Anprea