Thread: Error handling in Mainframes

Answers

Error handling in Mainframes

Hi,

Please Explain me Error Handling technique in JCL?

means, if one job has somany steps. Each and every step should process only after the successful execution of the previous steps. And if any step is throwing error, the job should show the Abend information without moving to the next step. Errors should be handled at every step and should not process the next step.

Please let me know the Technique behind this process. It is too good if you can help me without changing every step i.e suggest me if possible by using PROC by including in the job.

Thanks in Advance.
    Pradeep.

Answers

Re: Error handling in Mainframes

according to my knowledge, by using cond parameter or if clause we can do error handling and by using restart parameter we can start our job where we stopped last step

Answers

Re: Error handling in Mainframes

Hi Pradeep... Am Seshu, You may use the COND parameter in every step of ur jcl, that if the previous step RC less than 4.
    Or else you may use the set condition rc = zero after every step in ur jcl.