Thread: Tournament

Expert Member
    Answers

Tournament

In a chess tournament, Rajesh, Sundar, Suresh and Hari play three games each, with each one playing each of the others. Points are scored as 2 points for a win, 1 for a draw and 0 for a loss. The winner is the person with the highest points; a winning tie would occur if two or more people scored the same highest number of points.

By the end of this tournament, no-one had won all of his games, though Suresh had lost all matches he played. In the toughest match of the tournament, Hari beat Sundar and emerged as the sole winner of the tournament. If only one of the six games played was a draw, who was playing in this game?

Contributing Member
    Answers

Smile Re: Tournament

Here is the answer...

Draw match between Hari and Rajesh.

Answers

Re: Tournament

The Tie match has occured between Rajesh and Sundar.

Contributing Member
    Answers

i think elango answer was correct....

Contributing Member
    Answers

i think elango answer was wrong........

because if they play the tie match then hari won all the three games.. but in that question they mentioned nobody won all the matches..

Last edited by psuresh1982; 11-10-2006 at 09:17 AM.

Expert Member
    Answers

I got the solution as the match was draw between Hari and Rajesh.James am I right with my finding.Curious to know your update.

Expert Member
    Answers

Draw match was between Hari and Rajesh.

Suresh and Ryan you both are right.