Thread: Application is not removed after uninstalling.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Application is not removed after uninstalling.

Hi,

I have uninstalled one application. It says "the application is uninstalled but, some of the files are not moved. ask your administrator". already i uninstalled in the administrator login only.
    Searched for the application in "Add/Remove Programs". It is not there.
    Searched for the application in "Start menu". It is not there.
    But, the folder related to that application is available. The icon is shown in the taskbar. Tried to delete the folder, it again says "access denied". Tried to worked on that. It is working.
    Simply i can say this situation like: the uninstalled application is deleted from the start menu and "add/remove programs", but the folder is not deleted and the functionality is done. Could you please help me to solve this situation.
    And also, wants to know the reason for this. Whether it is the application side problem or problem in uninstallation procedure?.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Application is not removed after uninstalling.

reboot should fix the issue.. try reboot.. if that does not work... look in the registry for startup programs...

Contributing Member
    Answers

Done. Thnks.

Answers

Wink Re: Application is not removed after uninstalling.

Hi may be the sharing files of this application not removed or cannot remove from the registry. This can may be solve your proble start - run - regedit - then crtl+f - find menu will be apeare - type the application name (continue this process until all of this application sharing file can not remove . Thanks, mahadev

Expert Member
    Answers

Hi,

As i saw your query sort out.

For future i an giving you some tips for that :-

1. Always install Microsoft product with .MSI instead of .exe

becoz when u will remove this .msi one it will automatically remove all entries from registry.

2. For uninstallation use some third party utility like Advanced Uninstaller.

Regards

NIkhil Rattan

Answers

Dear Nikhil

When We rty to Install .msi is not run... e.g. we double click on it!!! it will not execute... can u explain me how it work ..and how the process will be done.!!!!

Thanx & Regrads

Vishal garg

Answers

just goto taskmanager->processes search for the file related to that, give end process for that then try to delete....