Thread: pls let me know the answers for follwing lr questions

Answers

pls let me know the answers for follwing lr questions

1. Which servers (applications server & web servers) r u used in ur company for performance testing? 2. What is the purpose of think time? where it is placed in the scrip? 3. If i placed the think time in between start & end transactions what is the script status? 4. If i placed think time before and after the lr_end transaction how is script status? 5. While running the application, if one page is not exist in ur application then what can u do in that sutitation ? 6. How can u get snap shots while running the application in load runner? 7. How do u get the response of the particular application? 8. If server is placed in us , and so many members are accessing the server . In from which place u are able to give load to the application? 9. What r the counters r used for web server, application server, database server?

Answers

Re: pls let me know the answers for follwing lr questions

Think Time: There will be different people accessing the application, experienced people will take less time eg: 1min to complete the transaction but the new users will take more time to complete the same transaction eg:5mins. So to emulate the real word action we use Think time.
    U can place the Think time after the lr_end_transaction. it will be automatically placed if u set the think time in Run Time Settings under General enable Replay think time.
    SnapShot: Tools - General Settings - under the Display tab select Show browser during replay.

We can give load at any location but the WAN emulator of that country should be installed on the load Generator. If you use more than one load generator then you have to install seperate WAN Emulator with seperate License.
    The WAN emulation software mimics the WAN/internate by slowing, droping and changing packets between Client and Server.