Thread: GeekInterview Pager - communicate better with Geeks community

Administrator
    Answers

GeekInterview Pager - communicate better with Geeks community

geekinterview pager is a text-based instant messaging system over your community between members. Users can exchange short & quick messages amongst each other. Unlike the regular private messaging system, the paged user is guaranteed to read your message & reply to it (if you choose this option) instantly & easily. features:
    • uses ajax technology to send pager messages / get pager messages / add & remove a member to buddy list / add & remove a member from ignore list. (no refresh required)

main features:
    • geekinterview pager buddy list ‘pop-up’ window is used to keep track of the friends you wish to interact with. By going to your "vb pager buddies", you'll be able to see which of your friends are currently online and offline, and be able to send them a pager message. Adding people to your buddy list also allow you to send pager messages to multiple forum members at the same time. You may add any member of the forums to your buddy list by clicking the icon next to their names in the vb pager online members page or clicking the manage buddies link to add/remove members into your list.
    • vb pager ignore list ‘pop-up’ window lists are used for those people who's messages you wish not recieve from.
    • received pager messages are draggable inline popups.
    • sending a message opens up a small window where you can type in message to be sent.
    • optional anonymity: you can choose to hide your username when paging another user on the forum, & define which usergroup can utilize this option.
    • the window comes in with a built-in character counter to enable the user to keep track of the characters typed.
    • logs of all incoming and outgoing pager messages ‘inbox/sent items’ member has, can be viewed and deleted.
    • download stored messages as xml, csv, txt.
    • members can turn the vb pager off anytime they wish not to receive pager messages, and they can select the option to receive pager messages from those who are in their pager buddy list only.

what if i reach the maximum number of stored pager message quota?
    • you will never be able to send nor reply to pager messages and an error message will display saying delete some of your stored pager messages in order to send or reply to pager messages.
    • you will always be able to receive pager messages from others.

what if i reach the maximum number of pager messages can send per day?
    • you will never be able to send nor reply to pager messages and an error message will display saying (you have sent x pager(s) today, 0 left.).
    • you will always be able to receive pager messages from others.

what if a user is in my pager ignorelist?
    • that user will never be able to send you a pager message and if he/she try to send you a pager message, an error will be displayed saying (user has disabled the use of vb pager).
    • in the pager buddylist popup, the link and the check box next to your name will be disabled to the ignored user.

other faqs:

• my internet explorer is crashing when a new pager message received?
      • vb pager hack does not like the use of custom color scrollbar, so you if you are using a custom css for the elements of a scroll bar, remove it from your css.
      • make sure that you got the latest version of ie.
    • i'm getting a java script error with permission denied?
      • mak sure that you're accessing your forum through the same url you got in the forum url under your vbulletin options. If your forum url is http://www.geekinterview.com/talk then you should use the same url when viewing your forum. Viewing your forum through http://geekinterview.com/talk will give the error, so use www.
    how do i enable or disable ... Check your usercp options. Hope this will become useful to communicate better in geeks community.

Answers

Re: GeekInterview Pager - communicate better with Geeks community

Hi all,

Can one help me how to hide the chart when no data found in cognos report net.
    Eg: when the data is not retrieved from the query the report should display no data found.