Thread: winsock protocol

Contributing Member
    Answers

winsock protocol

Hi, guys,, i want to test the performance of a client server application which uses winsock protocol .

for this can any one suggest me a open source tool.

thanks in advance.

Banned
    Answers

Re: winsock protocol

The Windows Sockets (abbreviated "Winsock" or "WinSock") specification defines a network programming interface for Microsoft Windows which is based on the "socket" paradigm popularized in BSD Unix. It encompasses both familiar Berkeley socket style routines and a set of Windows-specific extensions:

Winsock 1 apps can ask Winsock to send notifications in window messages. This allows your program to handle both the network, UI issues, and background processing without having to worry about concurrency.
    Winsock 2 adds many features. See below for details.
    Winsock 2.x defines two interfaces: an application programming interface (API) which shields application developers from underlying layers, and a service provider interface (SPI) which allows transparent extensions to a Winsock stack. Through proper use of the API, a Winsock application can work over various network transport protocols and Winsock implementations.

(By the way, most people just say "Winsock 2" when speaking of the current version of Winsock, because the newer versions just contain edits and clarifications to the original spec.)

Answers

Re: winsock protocol

We tried recording a script using Winsock protocol in LR. The script runs fine but we dont get the results displayed. Can you let me know if this can be done?

Thanks,
    Sam