Thread: QC Release Module

Contributing Member
    Answers

QC Release Module

i have installed QC 9.2 after downloading it from HP site but i am unable find RELEASES module. Can anyone tell me how to get Releases module?

Plzzzzzzzz

Anxiously waiting for reply
    Sycho

Re: QC Release Module

There is a Release Management module availlable for Test Director. I haven't ever used it but here's a link to it:

https://h10078.www1.hp.com/cda/hpms/...reg_R1002_USEN

Answers

Hi, I tried to find QC 9.2 trial version on HP site. But i was not able to get it.
    Can anyone please forward me the link or the software?

Answers

Hi,

I think, the RELEASES module will not be available on the QC which you have downloaded from HP site. I have QC 9.2 Enterprise edition and RELEASES module is available in it.
    I am using QC client at my work place and this can be available once you buy licenced software from HP.

Thanks
    Rahul

Contributing Member
    Answers

Hi all,

What is RELEASE module. Why Release module we are using?
    As i have used Release of Test Eexecution only.
    Release 1- Execute all Test Cases and cover all functionality of Test
    Release 2- Covered important test cases
    Release 3- Randomly Execute test case(Regression Testing)

If i am wrong.. please correct me...

Thanks,
    senthil kumar venu

Contributing Member
    Answers

The release management work flow you begin the application testing process by defining a releases tree in the releases module. The release management workflow consists of the following stages. Define releases & cycles->assign requirements->assign & run test sets->assign defects->analyze releases & cycles.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Defining Releases and Cycles:

1)The foundation of the Releases module is the releases tree. This tree enables the modeling of upcoming releases within a hierarchical tree structure.

2)A project manager starts by defining a release folder along with its releases.

3)A release represents a group of changes in one or more applications that will be available for distribution at the same time.

4)After defining the release, a QA manager defines cycles.

5)A cycle is a set of development and quality assurance efforts performed to achieve a common goal based on the release timeline.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Assigning Requirements to Releases

1)After defining the releases tree, the QA manager defines and reviews the requirements in the Requirements module and assigns them to releases and cycles. Requirements describe in detail what needs to be tested in your application.

2)Requirements are used as a basis for the test plan in the Test Plan module. The tests you create during the test plan phase should cover these requirements.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Assigning and Running Test Sets in Release Module

1)After the QA manager assigns requirements, the QA team leader assigns each test set folder in the Test Lab module to a cycle. A test set is a group of test instances in a Quality Center project designed to achieve specific test goals.

Each test set folder is assigned to a cycle. After the QA team leader assigns test set folders to a cycle, the QA engineer runs the test sets under these test set folders.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Assigning Defects to Releases

1)If an application flaw is detected while running a test set, the QA engineer can submit a defect. Quality Center automatically creates a link between the test run, associated release and cycle, and the new defect

2)Suppose a defect is detected while running a test instance from a test set in the Cycle 1 test set folder. When the defect is initially submitted to the project, the Detected in Release field is assigned to the Release 10.5 release, and the Detected in Cycle field is assigned to the Cycle 1 - New Features cycle.

3)While reviewing and deciding which new defects need to be fixed, the QA manager assigns them to the appropriate release and cycle.

4)A defect can be submitted to a Quality Center project from any module at
    any stage of the testing process.

Contributing Member
    Answers

The Release Module

You define releases and cycles in Quality Center using the Releases module, which is opened by clicking the Releases button on the sidebar.

The Releases module contains the following key elements:

Releases menu bar. Displays drop-down menus of Releases module commands.

Releases toolbar. Contains buttons of Releases module commands.

Details tab. Describes the release folder, release, or cycle currently selected in the releases tree. It also indicates range of release and cycle dates. The Statistics pane displays the requirements and test set folders associated with the release or cycle.

Attachments tab. Lists attachments that provide additional information on the currently selected release folder, release, or cycle.

Progress tab. Shows a high-level overview of the progress of your release or cycle.

Quality tab. Shows the number of defects opened over the course of your release or cycle. It also shows the number of outstanding defects.

Answers

How do you set the release start and end date for business days (Mon-Fri) as testing is not done on week-end. The progress rate seem to work on 7 days