Thread: how we can read database file in C language?

Answers

how we can read database file in C language?

Hi,
    As we can read and wirte to text file, is it possible to read databse .mdb file through C programme? And how?

kavita

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: how we can read database file in C language?

.mdb is a microsoft access dB file format. To read this using C, you will need to do the following.

The first thing to do is to find out if this file format is an "open" standard i.e. can one look at Microsoft Access documentation and figure out the format of this file.

The second thing to do is to find out if the .mdb file is a binary or text file. I am not a Windows person, but if I were to guess, it would be a binary file. So, once the file format is known, one has to read the objects in the file format by opening the .mdb file and reading it in binary mode.

Hope that helps.

PS: If you the file format is an open standard, there might already be .mdb file browsers available on the net. So, if they are available, no need to roll your own

Answers

Re: how we can read database file in C language?

Thanks!
    I have convert my .mdb file in txt, and can easily access that.

Thank you