Thread: LoadRunner 9.0, Oracle 10G and JInitiator 1.3.1.26 Setup

Answers

LoadRunner 9.0, Oracle 10G and JInitiator 1.3.1.26 Setup

When recording with LR 9.0 against Oracle 9 and JInitiator 1.3.1.9, LR used to record object names rather than an ordinal number. To record object names, on the server side we updated the appsweb.cfg file to "xrecord=names".

We are now trying to move to Oracle 10g with JInitiator 1.3.1.26. We have edited the appsweb.cfg file with "record=names" but when recording with LR ordinal numbers are being captured instead of the object names.

So what else can we try so LoadRunner can capture the object names? Is there another place the "record=names" setting can be configured?

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: LoadRunner 9.0, Oracle 10G and JInitiator 1.3.1.26 Setup

Have you tried putting record=names right in the URL when you launch the browser?

i.e.
    http:// < servername >:< port >?record=names

Contributing Member
    Answers

Have you tried putting record=names in the url itself when launching the browser?

i.e.

domainort?record=names

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SW_LoadRunnerGuru View Post
    Have you tried putting record=names in the url itself when launching the browser?

i.e.

domainort?record=names
    Yes, I have tried that, but still does not record the object name.

Answers

HP sent some documentation to try to fix the issue.

This was resolved by updating the xrecord=names in the signednini.htm on Oracle 10g. I think the file in Oracle 9i is basejini.htm. I also had to include the xrecord=names at the end of the URL in LR as well. This can be found on the HP KB, but I do not have access to it right now because I am waiting on an SAID from HP.

Attached Files Attached Files

Answers

Make sure the setup has been done in user profile(i.e the user who is accesing the apps,for that user), and check with appending &record=names @ the end of url will also work