Thread: Hi all, new comer to this community

Hi all, new comer to this community

Hi All,

This is sarika, i have done Bsc. Maths, have got 3 years of experience from BPO. I wanted to move from BPO to IT so recently i have joined a software testing course.please can one any help me in resolving queries about testing.

I would like to know the various types of SDLC models with description if you guys have this please help me out.

Also i would like to know how to improve my knowledge regarding software testing since i am totally new to this.

Thanks,
    Sarika

Answers

Re: Hi all, new comer to this community

Hi sarika,

I am a software tester and working in noida (india).I commit to help you and all as much as i can.Posting regarding SDLC has already disscussed here.You may search and explore that thread.

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji

Expert Member
    Answers

Thumbs up Re: Hi all, new comer to this community

Hi sarika, welcome to world of testing !!
    As regards sdlc models, we have got quite a few of which a prominent few have been listed below -
    • Waterfall model/ linear model / sdlc model.
      Prototyping model.
      Component development model.
      Rapid application development model.
      Spiral model.

Each of these models covers the activites or process as part of the entire software life cycle. These activites include more or less-
    • s/w requirement analysis or feasibilty study.
      System analysis and design.
      Code generation.
      Testing.
      Maintenance.

you can get enough info about these models on the net or on the threads in geekinterview.

For testing we follow something which is called as testing life cycle. In tls as well the most popular model is the v model of testing which emphasizes that testing has to begin right since inception - that is along with requirement gathering and not after coding phase.

Since you are already pursuing a testing course, you should definitely learn all these. Also try reading ron pattons book on testing.

Cheers...

Last edited by bizzzzzare; 12-06-2007 at 03:24 AM. Reason: Better Readability

Hi sarika,

this is sudha. im also newcomer to this community and im also doing my course in testing .may i know from which institute you are doing your course.

Answers

Hi everybody,I am Nilesh working in Thomson,and would be interested in making carrer in s/w testing,and wants to be a part of this useful forum.