Thread: Correct IP but still not reachable

Answers

Correct IP but still not reachable

While trying to connect to another system to generate load I have entered the IP correctly (I am able to ping the system) then when i click on connect it is saying is the not reachable.

What could be the problem and may any one explain me the process of genarating the load from another system

Thanx in advance

Expert Member
    Answers

Smile Re: Correct IP but still not reachable

Hi Stephen,

Basically the Interaction between Controller and LoadGenerator is established using a Process called a AgentService.

For a machine to act as a LoadGenerator, it is mandatory for the AgentService to be running on that machine. Else it cannot act as a LoadGenerator.

Please log into the specified machine which you wish to act as LoadGenerator. Go to Start-Programs - MercuryLoadRunner.
    In the following options listed, you would find an option called Load Runner Agent Process.

Click on that and you would find a command prompt window executing commands. Once run, specify the IP Address as a LoadGenerator in your Load Scenario and you should be able to generate load successfully...

Cheers.....

Bizzzzzare

Answers

Re: Correct IP but still not reachable

Quote Originally Posted by stephen.d View Post
    While trying to connect to another system to generate load I have entered the IP correctly (I am able to ping the system) then when i click on connect it is saying is the not reachable.

What could be the problem and may any one explain me the process of genarating the load from another system

Thanx in advance
    I would get back once after i do the process

Expert Member
    Answers

Smile Re: Correct IP but still not reachable

Sure Stephen,

Do revert back incase of any issues....