Thread: Default browser not supported

Geek_Guest

Default browser not supported

I have installed loadrunner 6.5, i am getting a problem such as "the default browser registered at this machine is not supported by the web vuser recorder. Please change the recording options or select another default browser. " please advice me how can i work through the situation. question asked by visitor amar

Expert Member
    Answers

Smile Re: Default browser not supported

Hi Guest,

Incase the default browser on your machine is not supported by Loadrunner, we would be required to change the Browser options under Recording Options.

For instance if your default browser is Netscape and is not supported by LR, go to recording options - Browser..

Select the option - Specify path to application. Browse and select the path of another Browser type say IE, Mozilla and save the settings.

LR would not search for default browser and would open the AUT in the specified browser.

NOTE : You should be having the required Browsers in your machine. Else only the default one would be displayed again. :-). Also LR does not support ActiveX objects in browsers unless add-ins are loaded.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Default browser not supported

Hi Guest,

How come you are using LoadRunner 6.5? The newer version of LoadRunner have much more sophisticated recording mechanisms then the old version.

You will find web recording, for instance, to go much smoother with this upgrade.

I have not used LR 6.5 so can't help you there.

SW_LoadRunnerGuru: LR is a very expensive tool and there are not many companies that can afford the upgrade, maybe that is the reason why they are still using an older version.

Contributing Member
    Answers

LoadRunner upgrades are free. It is the licenses that cost $$. An older license can be used on a newer version of LoadRunner.

If the poster only needs the Web Vuser and he/she already has a license for the web vuser, an upgrade will not cost him/her anything.

Answers

Hi,
    Why dont u opt for new version .the lr ur using older one.
    Anith.
    CSC india

Quote Originally Posted by Geek_Guest View Post
    I have installed loadrunner 6.5, i am getting a problem such as "the default browser registered at this machine is not supported by the web vuser recorder. Please change the recording options or select another default browser. " please advice me how can i work through the situation. question asked by visitor amar
    do u have any other browser installed in ur machine???
    Can u please record the script in other machine and play it back in ur machine...
    hope it will help

Answers

I am using LR8.0 and trying to record the VUser script on IE7.
    I am getting the same error: The default browser registered at this machine is not supported by the Web VUser recorder. Please change the recording options or select another default browser

Is IE7 supported by LR8.0? If not whats the remedy out?

Thanks,
    Lochan

Contributing Member
    Answers

LoadRunner 8.0 only support IE6.0. In order to record a web vuser script against IE7.0, you will need to upgrade to LoadRunner 8.1 FP4 (with a IE7 support patch provided by HP support) or upgrade all of the way to LoadRunner 9.0.

Answers

Thanks for the answer.

Also, Is it possible to use LoadRunner 8.0 woth Mozilla FireFox? If yes, How? I am using Mozilla FireFox 2.0.0.14

Contributing Member
    Answers

I've never done this before, but I'm sure it can be done.

When you start recording a web vuser script, it should ask you which application to record against. You will have to navigate to the firefox installation directory and select the firefox executable. Other than that, I think it should work.

If not, you may have to modify Firefox's settings and add a proxy server to the localhost on port 7777. This is the port LoadRunner uses to record web vuser scripts.