Thread: Sample application is not working

Contributing Member
    Answers

Sample application is not working

Hi Guys

I am totally new in Lodrunner. And i was trying to create a script but when i type Mercury sample web application http: // localhost : 1080/MercuryWebTours/ in the URL then i got error message saying that "The default browser registered at this machine is not suporroted bye the web VUser recorder. Please change the recording options or select another default browser."

I dont know what to do. Can anybody suggested me what to do? Please help me

Last edited by admin; 06-21-2012 at 08:50 AM.

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Sample application is not working

Hi Newhere,

LoadRunner supports almost all well known browsers like IE, Netscape, FireFox etc.

But incase the browser installed in your machine is not supported, go to recording options - Browser.

Generally default is selected. Change that to Launch user-defined application option. You will have to browse and select any alternative browser available in your machine.

LR would start recording with the specified browser of your choice.

Cheers....

Contributing Member
    Answers

Thanks man

You will also need the Test Server (Apache) started before you can access the application through LR. Also, I think the URL you have mentioned here is not the URL for their DEMOAUT from what I remember.