Thread: test cases

test cases

Hi,
    In my interview they asked me to write test case for testing the formatting window in MS word......here we have so much of font type and size........so how much test cases we can write for this one......
    Thanks,

Re: test cases

For formatting window in MS word you can write innumerous number of test cases. For the formatting menu there are lot of fields such as font, paragraph, bullets and numbering, borders and shading etc., For all these menu items you have derive separate set of test cases.

For example, in the formatting font menu itself, some sample set of test cases can be generated.
    i. To validate all the fonts stored in the database are mirrored in the font box.
    ii. To validate the font style and the different measurements for the font size.
    iii. To validate for the font color
    iv. To validate for the underlining style
    v. To validate for the effects of the text.

There a plenty many test cases that can be derived other than that.. It totally depends on the testers efficiency.