Thread: Pen Drive not recognised

Answers

Pen Drive not recognised

When I plug-in my pen drive into the USB of my PC, it is not at all responding. my system configration suits the requirements of my drive. My OS (Windows XP) is a compatible one. suggest me a suitable remedy 2 overcome this probs.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Pen Drive not recognised

As above, remove your USB controller & hub from Device Manager and physically remove your USB device.

Reboot and allow your USB controll & hub to reinstall fully. Then insert your pen drive and make sure you are very still. If you let it do its thing for about 20-30 seconds, it should detect the drive properly.

If this still does not work, I would recommend updating your chipset / USB drivers and repeating the process.

If you still have trouble, attempt to manually install the drivers provided with your USB pen drive WITHOUT the device plugged in. This is a common problem with USB devices under Windows in general, although I haven't seen it so much with USB storage devices.

And if it STILL doesn't work, Update your XP either through Windows Update ( windowsupdate.microsoft.com ) or install the latest service pack.. It's kind of like hitting it with a hammer - A more broad and general solution to your problem.

You may also want to try different USB ports, remove other USB devices etc... Don't think something is silly until you actually try it and it doesn't work.

And if it does not work after that.. Hopefully someone will have better ideas.

----------------------
    suresh

Answers

Re: Pen Drive not recognised

hello friend i will try to do same as u said
    thank u
    yechuri