Thread: Auto and Manual Correlation

Geek_Guest

Auto and Manual Correlation

While recording, I had clicked on (+) to expand tree node... But while playing the same, it is not able to perform the same action. I had tried it with auto correlation and also manual correlation. Anyone please help me out with the solution. Which function I need to write for the same?

Question asked by visitor Daniel

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Auto and Manual Correlation

Hello,

I am assuming this is a web(HTTP/HTML) script.

In order to assist, we will need to know what type of object this tree list is. If it is an AJAX object, LoadRunner will not be able to perform the same steps that were performed during recording. If there is some other type of Javascript being done, we will not be able to perform this using the web(HTTP/HTML) protocol. You will need to use the web Click and Script protocol.

As you are using the web(HTTP/HTML) protocol, the fact that you are not seeing the expanded tree (in the replay viewer or in snapshot), should not matter.

Some things to check for:
    1)Is this is ASP.NET application? If so, make sure all viewstates are correlated
    2)Is this a Siebel application? If so, you will need the Siebel Correlation Library from Siebel.

The LoadRunner correlation rules are not perfect and will not catch every single dynamic instance that needs correlation. This is true for the Web, Siebel Web, SAP web protocols.
    My suggestion to make sure you have done all of the correlation that needs to be done is to:
    1)Record the EXACT same business process in two different scripts
    2)Use wdiff.exe (\bin\wdiff.exe>) to see the differences between the first script and the second script.
    3)Correlate the differences that matter. (i.e. sessionID's, etc.)

Correlation is done using the web_reg_save_param() function. In this function, you will define boundary conditions for the dynamic data that you want to capture and reuse. This function needs to be placed before the step in which the dynamic data gets returned by the server. Once the data is captured, it will be put into a parameter (the value of which is another argument to the web_reg_save_param() function). You will then use this parameter where the dynamic data is needed in the script.

i.e.
    //for more info on this function and how to use it, see the function reference. (lots of examples of how it's used)
    web_reg_save_param("MyDynamicData", "LB=", "RB=", "ORD=1", LAST);

web_url("......");

web_submit_data("stepname_1",
    "ITEMDATA",
    "name=dynamicInfo", "value={MyDynamicData}",
    LAST);

Good Luck!

Last edited by SW_LoadRunnerGuru; 09-28-2007 at 10:57 AM.