Thread: My HDD LED is always on...

Answers

Cool My HDD LED is always on...

My home PC has Intel D865GBF mainboard, pentium IV 2.66 Ghz, 512 MB RAM & Seagate 80 GB HDD (IDE). Everything was working fine until recently I got a new HDD (250 GB, SATA).

Now I have Win XP SP2 installed in both the HDDs. Now the problem is whenever I use the new HDD (Eihter as single drive or with the old one as secondary/slave) the HDD LED is always on.

I have turned off system restore & made sure that there is no virus or spyware.

However, there is still no problem when I use the old HDD as single master or with new HDD as secondary.

Therefore I would request any suggestion or explanation so that I may get rid of the problem.

Answers

Re: My HDD LED is always on...

What is the problem if Led is on ?

Are you facing any other genuine problem ?

Answers

Exclamation Re: My HDD LED is always on...

Quote Originally Posted by debasisdas View Post
    What is the problem if Led is on ?

Are you facing any other genuine problem ?
    Well, the LED when on indicates that the HDD is being accessed, i.e data is being fetched.

So if the LED is always on it decreases the lifespan of the HDD, in the long run.