Thread: A tester by profession

Answers

A tester by profession

Hi friends! I am a B.E (EXTC) pass out in 2002 and have around 3.2 yrs of Non-IT experience out of which 6 months experience in manual testing. I want to become a tester by profession and also doing a course in S/w testing from SQTL. Kindly advice what else do I have to know besides testing? E.g. database etc?

Answers

Re: A tester by profession

Only doing a course is not enough a good job. You need to master the trade for that. Since you are not into IT,all the exp of non-IT jobs have no relevevancy in IT field. And you are having only 6 months of testing exp,which is not at all enough. First of all you need to be very good in manual testing. there after go for automation. Again it is always preferred to have knowledge of Database.

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by megh_123 View Post
    6 months experience in manual testing. I want to become a tester by profession and also doing a course in S/w testing from SQTL. Kindly advice what else do I have to know besides testing? E.g. database etc?
    First tell me what you think comes under besides testing?

Database is not besides testing, testing is a broader term, everything comes under testing, so as much you can learn you should.More will depend on your project and your responsibilities you have to fulfill on the spot ( during job).

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji

Answers

The advice I will give you is that find out what is the most used database technology used in your location and try and do a bit of read up and as the moderator said you need at least another 12month to be able to make an inform decision.

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by megh_123 View Post
    Hi friends! I am a B.E (EXTC) pass out in 2002 and have around 3.2 yrs of Non-IT experience out of which 6 months experience in manual testing. I want to become a tester by profession and also doing a course in S/w testing from SQTL. Kindly advice what else do I have to know besides testing? E.g. database etc?
    Hi ,This Hemanth here.now a days u can get the job in IT field.as well as u had 6 months of exp.it is really helpful to u.now a days Qtp having very good demand in the market.i think that better to learn Qtp tools.it is definitely give the more weightage to ur resume.donot worry be positive learn more skills from the websites.Attend no of interviews as much u can do.

All the best for u bright future.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Hi,

My advice is that u should be have a stong command on manual testing and then switch to QTP tools. Now a days QTP is having demand in market.And also u do some projects which will give u a good command on subject.

Good Luck