Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Application not visible in active screen

Answers

Blank Active Screen in QTP 9

Hi , I am New with Testing tool.. My question is, I am not able to see anything in Active Screen in QTP 9. I tried re-installing tool but still not working..I know it might be small things needed to be changed but I don't know what..Anyone can help me with this.

Thanks
    Bhoomi

NOTE: [This question was asked by Bhoomi]

Answers

Re: Blank Active Screen in QTP 9

Quote Originally Posted by Lokesh M View Post
    Hi , I am New with Testing tool.. My question is, I am not able to see anything in Active Screen in QTP 9. I tried re-installing tool but still not working..I know it might be small things needed to be changed but I don't know what..Anyone can help me with this.

Thanks
    Bhoomi

hi u can get active screen at the bottam of the screen but the thng is u 've to get the appliction url in qtp parth

Answers

Anjankumar

Thanks for your answer

Answers

Question Active Screen In QTP

Hi Friends,

I am new to this testing field , hope with all ur help i could learn more.
    I am trying to work with QTP using that sample application.My active screen is always blank and i dont know how to activate it.I am trying to work with output parameters using active screen.
    Help me pls

Answers

Re: Active Screen In QTP

Hi
    go to Tools->option->Active screen->click default
    record your scrpits again
    let me know if it's helping u.
    Yan.

Answers

Hi Yan,

Thanks for your reply.
    When i clicked Tools->option->Active screen->I could get only two things that is the Capture Level and appearance i couldnt find anything as default.I am using the latest version of QTP.
    Pls Let me know what to do.

Answers

If you can just let the version number i can help you out. to my knowledge you are not able to get the focus on the object you want to work with for the output values. just in the keyword view double click the object you can get the focus. Hope i am able to catch your point.
    Stephen

Geek_Guest

Active Screen option is disabled.

Question asked by guest Visitor raju2007

In my system, the Active Screen is not displaying when I open QTP 8.2. And in View menu, the Active Screen option is disabled. Kindly help me.

Answers

Re: Active Screen option is disabled.

go to Tools->option->Active screen->click default then record your script.

Expert Member
    Answers

If you have recorded something, you will get it in the Active Screen. But, if you write some code by yourself or edit existing code, then just go to Test->Update Run. Your active screen will be updated

Answers

Question

I am also having same problem.I see below answer setting the path.
    What do u mean by setting a path?Are u talking about system path or is there any setting in QTP 9?

I see empty active screen in QTP. I had seen that somebody else also faced the same problem the answer was set application path. what does the path means? how to set that? is it system path?

Thanks

Last edited by jainbrijesh; 09-29-2007 at 12:44 AM.

Answers

Actually,with the installation of QTP 9.1 we will get the Active screen with a screen shot of "Welcome to Mercury Interactive QuickTest Professional 9.1".............
    If the layout(I.e,Active screen,Datatable,Test pane) of the QTP is not visible kindly goto Tools menu->Options->General Tab,In that General tab U will find a button called Restore Layout,Please clck on it then the Layout of ur QTP will be restored.
    To see the Active screen screen shots,First u record any application either it may be Window/Web then see in the Active Screen,U will sure find the screen shots of the recorded application.

Hope this Helps You..........!
    Regards,
    santhosh

Answers

Hi
    Thanks.But it's not working

Quote Originally Posted by santhosh_gm21 View Post
    Actually,with the installation of QTP 9.1 we will get the Active screen with a screen shot of "Welcome to Mercury Interactive QuickTest Professional 9.1".............
    If the layout(I.e,Active screen,Datatable,Test pane) of the QTP is not visible kindly goto Tools menu->Options->General Tab,In that General tab U will find a button called Restore Layout,Please clck on it then the Layout of ur QTP will be restored.
    To see the Active screen screen shots,First u record any application either it may be Window/Web then see in the Active Screen,U will sure find the screen shots of the recorded application.

Hope this Helps You..........!
    Regards,
    santhosh

Answers

Hi
    Better you record any of the script and then look for the Active screen because with out recording it will not give any Active screen.

Answers

Thanks.I know that with out recording any script we won't get active sceens
    but problem here is still the active screens are blank though we record desktop application or web application.
    How ever thanks for taking time and answering the query
    Quote Originally Posted by anrmurthy View Post
    Hi
    Better you record any of the script and then look for the Active screen because with out recording it will not give any Active screen.

Geek_Guest

I am having problem in viewing the active acreen

I am performing SAP Automation testing using QTP. I am having problem in viewing the active acreen, I clicked the active screen icon and also tried View > Active screen. Also, anyone i can give me some ideas about SAP Automation. Just a rough plan.

Question asked by visitor Surbhi Chawla

Answers

Active Screen menu deactivated

Hi,

I am facing a problem in QTP8.2. The "Active Screen" menu item is always showing as deactivated. Please someone help me out to actiavte it.

Thanks in advance
    mittu

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Lokesh M View Post

Thanks
    Bhoomi

Can't sure, but it may be compatibility problem.

Last edited by jainbrijesh; 09-29-2007 at 12:53 AM.
    Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji

Answers
    Hi

I have installed QTP 9.0 on Windows Vista. Am able to record the windows application but the application couldnt be visible in the active screen. Could you please suggest on this.

I have installed QTP 9.0 on windows vista. Am recording the windows application and am bale to view the Keyword view and Expert view but the application is not visible in the active screen.

Please suggest on this.

Last edited by jainbrijesh; 09-28-2007 at 03:22 AM.

Answers

Re: Application not visible in active screen

What you are recording? a desktop application or a web application?

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast