Thread: How to convert tiff to text

Answers

How to convert tiff to text

Hai ,
    I have got a requirement. If i get a scanned document in a tiff format, how could i read its data and convert into text format? Some people said we can read it pixel by pixel and convert it to text format. Is there any API for coverting tiff to text ? Or if the reading is only pixel by pixel could any one giude me how to do it. Thanks in advance.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: How to convert tiff to text

OmniPage Pro is able to convert TIFF to text. If you save the document in OmniPage format (.MET), you have access to the converted text as well as the original imaged document. This probably isn't exactly what you had in mind. Also, .MET files are quite large. Hope this helps.

-------------------
    suresh

Answers

Re: How to convert tiff to text

hai suresh thank u for uselful info ,I will try it out...