Thread: Update Testing Knowledge Levels

Geek_Guest

Update Testing Knowledge Levels

I am working as a Software Test Engineer in a reputed software company. My total exp. is 2+ years. I was into Java Development before i moved to Testing. My present exp in Testing is only 8 months. I want to move out to a new company for better prospects. So, i want to update my knowledge levels. I have not worked on Automation. Can you suggest me the things i should learn so that i stand a good chance of getting through the interviews.

Question asked by visitor Anitha

Answers

Re: Update Testing Knowledge Levels

As you are into the filed for quiet some time, u must have good hold over the basics. the only thing u need to take care of is some of the automation tools. since there are a lot of tools in use in the market u need to master a couple of them liek QTP to excel in the field.

Contributing Member
    Answers

hi Anitha u have a good experinence to get into any good company. but i advice u to learn QTP for a good and quick response from any company. Only a basic idea of QTP is enought to get the job but in testing u should have good communication skills.

Answers

Well, Anitha I would suggest you to start record and play back using any automation tools like Winrunner or QTP. Its good idea to start your own to know how these tools helps on Automation so that you will have more interest to know about the tool and then all your work is done:-)