Thread: Is there any way to compare two excel sheets in a single testcase in Silk Test?

Answers

Question Is there any way to compare two excel sheets in a single testcase in Silk Test?

I have to compare 2 excel sheets in Silk Test.For this I followed data driven approach.Now problem is that for each excel sheet separate testcases is generated.So I have now 3 testcases, each of the 2 testcases is for getting the data from excel sheet and saving it in a notepad and 3rd one is two compare those two notepads. Is there any way to get everything in a single testcase?Can we have data driven approach as a function rather then a testcase?

Answers

Re: Is there any way to compare two excel sheets in a single testcase in Silk Test?

Yes, What u can do is setup a database connection with both the two excel files and read data from each xls file to comare it with another. It is jus abt reading the records simultaneously by setting up a DNS for each file.