Thread: Database Testing Advice

Geek_Guest

Database Testing Advice

I am working on black box testing. I want to switch to database testing.
    Can anybody just guide me as what are the important topics of database which I should be aware of?

Question asked by visitor Srawan Kumar Srimant

Answers

Re: Database Testing Advice

First of all you should be aware of the complete design of the database.

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Geek_Guest View Post
    I am working on black box testing. I want to switch to database testing.
    Can anybody just guide me as what are the important topics of database which I should be aware of?

Question asked by visitor Srawan Kumar Srimant
    generally in database testing we r using DMl commands r INSERT,UPDATE,DELETE.
    AS interview point of view u ve to learn joins,nested querries,funtions,procedures,store procedure concepts should must.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Few imp things:

1. Make sure you are good in SQL. When i say good that means can do any join and all DML operations as well as has good understanding of the tool say if you r using SQL2000 then you must know the trace and other aspect of DB.
    read through there is few threads in the Testing section for DB testing and then post ur Q there abt ur confusion.

All the Very Best.
    Kunal.