Thread: From Software sales to SAP SD..do I need any programing background

Answers

Smile From Software sales to SAP SD..do I need any programing background

Hello there, I have been in sales almost all my life. I am thinking of doing a course in SAP SD (functional). If you're in SAP SD, please advise.Is it possible for me to switch to this career without any form of programing or heavy IT background? When you're hired as a consultant what is your role...are you working in groups or sole...when it's comes to configuration and implementation what exactly goes on..are you responsible for the blueprint and design of the software..PLEASE HELP!

Thanks

Last edited by sapconsultant; 08-10-2007 at 10:01 AM. Reason: spell check

Answers

Re: From Software sales to SAP SD..do I need any programing background

Quote Originally Posted by sapconsultant View Post
    Hello there, I have been in sales almost all my life. I am thinking of doing a course in SAP SD (functional). If you're in SAP SD, please advise.Is it possible for me to switch to this career without any form of programing or heavy IT background? When you're hired as a consultant what is your role...are you working in groups or sole...when it's comes to configuration and implementation what exactly goes on..are you responsible for the blueprint and design of the software..PLEASE HELP!

Thanks
    Hey you,

You can switch over your career into SAP consultant with the experience you have.

To become a functional consultant it is not necessary to have hands on programming knowledge, but, you need to have strong analytical skills and out of the box thinking.

As i see from your message, you have strong functional experience which will attract the hiring recruiters. Get yourself trained in SAP SD from any of the near by institute in your local area and start applying for job, i am sure you can get through!

All the best!

Cheers,
    Ganesh