Thread: Is it possible to have same logical name for more than one object

Geek_Guest

Is it possible to have same logical name for more than one object

Hi All,

I am a beginner in QTP. I still dont have it installed it on my machine but as I have started studying it theoretically i just had a question. An object repository contains both the logical name of an object (in the AUT) as well as the physical description corresponding to it. Also I learnt that a logical name is nothing more than a "nickname" given to the object so as to access it while running the test.

Now my question is that is it possible to have the same logical name for more than one object in the object repository/ Is duplication of logical name allowed in the object repository?

I would really appreciate if anyone can answer this please along with an explanation.

Question asked by visitor Kay

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Is it possible to have same logical name for more than one object

Hi,

QTP wont allow same logical name for more than one objects.It will throw error while you rename a logical name by which is already exist.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Is it possible to have same logical name for more than one object

AS mythu said, its correct.

Logical Name cannot be same i mean duplicated for objects. Physical descriptions can be duplicated. Since Logical Name is the core class reference it cannot have same name. Which will conflict. It wont allow u to enter same logical name again.

Arun*