Thread: Access Rights of database

Contributing Member
    Answers

Access Rights of database

System administrator as far, as I know, administers the whole system or database. So does it mean that he have full access to all databases. I want to whether it is possible for me to make my MYSQL database not accessible to the system administrator. If so tell me how to achieve this?

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Access Rights of database

DBA has control over your database. But they don't have access to your data.
    DBA can access your data if an only if you grant access privilege to him/her.

--- James

Contributing Member
    Answers

Thanks for the reply. So is it that the way giving access or privilege to data for DBA is in the same way as we do for other users? By default will they have access or not?

Expert Member
    Answers

By default they don't have access privilege on other users' data

---James

Contributing Member
    Answers

Ok thanks for the information. I want to learn more on security details of database, access levels in database. Can you tell me some books or online reference for knowing these details?

Expert Member
    Answers

My suggestion to u is read oracle standard documentation. That is the best one.

-- James