Thread: Is there chance to test using only SiteScope and VuGen

Answers

Is there chance to test using only SiteScope and VuGen

My company has been using SiteScope product from Mercury to monitor performance of servers in operations. Together with SiteScope we have VuGen as well, do not ask me how, I do not know.Now, the new project has performance requirements (asp.NET) and we need to bring tool to do load, stress and performance testing.

My question is the following:

If we already have one component of Load Runner, is there are any chance to do this test using only SiteScope and VuGen. Or, if it is not possible, if there is any chance to purchase controller from LoadRunner and Virtual Users and not pay for entire suite. Does anybody know?

Thanks

Smile Re: Is there chance to test using only SiteScope and VuGen

Hi...
    No, it is not possible to do "performance testing" without controller license through LR. VuGen can create one VUser only. If you are serious in using LR for performance testing, go to HP with your exact requirements. They will give you a license that suits you. Or simply use sitescope with a free performance testing tool.