Thread: Is there any way to compare the runtime value with the actual value

Geek_Guest

Is there any way to compare the runtime value with the actual value

Actually I have used flight reservation application in which I have used output check point. Through output checkpoint I am getting the price value of flights. But now I want to check that price value which I am getting by using output value chkpoint is coming correctly or not. Means Is there any way to compare the runtime value with the actual value?

I am new in QTP so I dont know much about it want to learn the QTP scripting.

Question asked by visitor meenal gupta

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: Is there any way to compare the runtime value with the actual value

Although your Question is some what unclear about what you really want.

Testing is always veryfying something against the known values or calculation.

What you can do is either have a constant set of input which will return you the output and compare it against another constant in your script.
    OR
    you muct know the logic behind any calculation and define the same for the Test so that based on the input it calculates the value and then either use GetROProperty or Output Check point to compare and finding if they are same or not.

Thank,
    Kunal Shekhar

Expert Member
    Answers

By using checkpoints we can compare the runtime value with the actual value

Answers

show me functional and end to end test script in qtp ,it may helpful to me