Thread: I need to test reports

Answers

I need to test reports

I need to test reports. Can anyone please explain their expirence with testing reports starting from writing test plans? Thank you so much in advance.

Answers

Post Re: I need to test reports

what kind of reports u want
    I didnt get u

Answers

Re: I need to test reports

I got little info about what kind of reports. The reports can be run from a seperate product that we brought. We need to make sure the reports are giving correct data from the database. What kinds of tesing do we need to do?

Answers

Quote Originally Posted by puja123 View Post
    I need to test reports. Can anyone please explain their expirence with testing reports starting from writing test plans? Thank you so much in advance.
    I think you are talking about QA task.You have to reviews the reports you got from any source, for that you should be well familiar with standards and customer requirements, because that should your baselines when reviews them.
    Test them according to requirements and standards.

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji

Expert Member
    Answers

Testing reports is one complex task. One has to clearly and completely understand the database structure. A person involved in database design would be handy. All reports are generated with data taken from the database.

So to test reports, one has to be very clear with what information is coming from which table in the database.

Testing reports involves testing of the following:

-format
    -contents (this is where knowledge of database structure comes in very-very handy)
    order of contents
    correctness of contents
    completeness of contents
    -headers and footers
    -page numbers, dates and other such information
    -availability and functionality of internal and external links
    -and more according to requirements.

Lack of WILL POWER has caused more failure than
    lack of INTELLIGENCE or ABILITY.

-sutnarcha-