Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: Real time testing..

Real time testing (rtt) is the testing of real-time features of a real-time s/w (like airlines ticketing s/w). It is conducted on multiple systems across different places of operation.:d imagine our airline ticket booking system. It operates in various places on earth and gives latest information of reservations and availabilities of tickets. Once a ticket is reserved, the database is updated immediately (within fraction of seconds) . And the ticket will not be available for some other applicant in the neighboring booking counter or in a booking counter on the other side of the world. such systems are called real time systems and testing of such functionality is called rtt.

Lack of WILL POWER has caused more failure than
    lack of INTELLIGENCE or ABILITY.

-sutnarcha-

Answers

Can anyone tell me what is database testing and how to perform it?

Answers
    Quote Originally Posted by jainbrijesh View Post
    Explain real time testing?
    I am new to software testing and have come across this question: Load and Performance Testing - Summarise the stages of undertaking this for a client server/ n-tier architecture. I dont know I found it somehow confusing. Why do they ask it with regards to client server/ n-tier architecture and not normal software? Is it different? Where can I get some good resources/white papers on this topic?

Last edited by jainbrijesh; 06-28-2007 at 12:16 AM.

Answers

Hey there! can anyone tell me what is retesting?also what exactly are alpha testing and bete testing?

Contributing Member
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by sowmyadesaraju View Post
    hey there! can anyone tell me what is retesting?also what exactly are alpha testing and bete testing?
    Retesting is a concept where u verify the fixed bugs or retest the basis for path test. Like for eg: if a bug is reported in that particular module. Then u got to test the entire flow. And check for that particular bug. So one set of retesting the entire module gives u perfection. Repetitively testing the same module to report bugs is also can be called as retesting that particular module. It might be predicted ones orelse unpredicted ones.

Coming to alpha testing select a subset of customers and test the product for its efficiency whether it meets the requirement. But the customers are from client end and they do the operation and suggest more modifications if necessary and there it goes on.

Coming to beta testing its the one set of pre launch of ur product before it goes for actual release or production. You goto customer/client site and see the exact production/actual business flow and track the bugs if reported. This is called beta testing. For eg: beta versions of any software. It will be released and will be tested at every client site and the bugs will be reported for getting resolved.

Hope u got answers.

Arun*

Last edited by smartarun; 07-11-2007 at 11:22 AM.