Thread: How to write scripts for getting this virtual object using QTP

Geek_Guest

How to write scripts for getting this virtual object using QTP

Question asked by visitor P.Dhanam

In QTP, I had created a new virtual objects using tools->virtual object-> new virtual objects. This objects is added into virtual object manager.

How to write scripts for getting this virtual object using QTP. When I write script, it's saying" object doesn't found in object respository". because the virtual objects in virtual object manager.

How can I map virtual object from virtual object manager to object respository?
    Please help me regarding this. need your answer quickly

Answers

Re: How to write scripts for getting this virtual object using QTP

Quote Originally Posted by Geek_Guest View Post
    Question asked by visitor P.Dhanam

In QTP, I had created a new virtual objects using tools->virtual object-> new virtual objects. This objects is added into virtual object manager.

How to write scripts for getting this virtual object using QTP. When I write script, it's saying" object doesn't found in object respository". because the virtual objects in virtual object manager.

How can I map virtual object from virtual object manager to object respository?
    Please help me regarding this. need your answer quickly

I too facing this same problem,
    Can any body has answers to this Q.
    Any suggestions?

Thanks.
    Nrusingha

Expert Member
    Answers

Hi,

When you created the Virtual Object using the Virtual Object Manager, you must have selected the Class to which you wish to Map as well as specified a name for the Virtual Object.

In the script where you wish to use the Virtual Object include this sytanx -

Window("").VirtualButton("VirtualObject").Click

VirtualButton - ObjectClass you mapped to. Specify the Object Class you mapped your virtual Object to.

Incase you are using VirtualCollections, you can also specify the CollectionName and use the Index to retrieve the required virtual Object.

Cheers.....

Answers

Thumbs up Re: How to write scripts for getting this virtual object using QTP

I guess problem is in the navigation, i,e First we need to map the object using virtual obejct manager then record the actions on that object, so that this object gets stored in the object repository(after mapping).

Regards
    Siraj Shaik

Answers

I too having exactly the same problem could any one help me

Answers

Smile Re: How to write scripts for getting this virtual object using QTP

Create a virtual object using the navigation Tools--> Virtual Objects. The objects created are added in the virtual repository. To add this to the object repository go to the record mode, and record the newly created virtual object. On recording only the virtual object is added to the object repository and is then available for writing scripts like any other object.