Thread: How to Avoid Flickering

Contributing Member
    Answers

How to Avoid Flickering

Hi,
    In Java I faced the problem of flickering that is when the object I tried was moved from screen and erased and repainted with object at new location it gave a ugly effect or in other words technically called flickering. Can somebody help me to know how can avoid this flickering effect?

Regards,
    Blenda

Expert Member
    Answers

Re: How to Avoid Flickering

One of the ways of avoiding flickering is to use the concept of popular double buffering or page flipping concept in Java. These techniques are used to improve the performance by avoiding flickering images or objects, dull look in images and so on in graphics applications.

Contributing Member
    Answers

Re: How to Avoid Flickering

The answer is quite useful for me to get the track of my solution. But it would be nice if you could brief me on the concept of double buffering or page flipping. In other words if you could give a brief idea of how to achieve or steps involved in achieving the double buffering it would help me get the solution.