Thread: how will u test an appln without requirements?

Answers

Cool how will u test an appln without requirements?

can any body tell me, how will u test an appln if you don't have given the requirements?

Answers

Post Re: testing quest

hi
    we go for adhoc testing
    or monkey testing

with out requirements we will do testing based on previous worked experience

Answers

Re: testing quest

No requirement but still there are some general requirements of a software.In this situation the tester should always have the knowledge of the domain of the project.

Regards,
    Brijesh Jain
    ---------------------------------------------------------
    Connect with me on Skype: jainbrijesh
    Google Plus : jainbrijeshji

Contributing Member
    Answers

i'll be happy if you tell me what do you mean by appln as i am new in this testing field

Expert Member
    Answers

Go for adhoc testing, but still get in touch with the Service Matter Experts about kind a=of application and the overall functionality

Answers

Re: how will u test an appln without requirements?

This is the case with most of the application implemented using Agile methodology. Ideal way should be to go by "Scenario Based Testing" followed by "Exploratory Testing".

We need to prepare scenarios based on any raw functional doc or write up, get it signed-off(formal/informal) by the business/functional stakeholders and test the application based on that.

To uncover mode defects go with exploratory testing after formal testing is done.